India continues seeing a spike in the number of cases as it enters day 6 of lockdown 3.0. In the most recent row between Centre and WB, Home Minister Amit Shah has written to Mamata Banerjee expressing dismay over the state not allowing migrants to return to Bengal. The nationwide tally of confirmed COVID-19 cases has crossed 60,000 and death toll surpassed 2000-mark on Saturday. Meanwhile, ICMR partnered with BBIL to develop indigenous COVID-19 vaccine. Stay tuned for more updates.
- India’s tally crosses 60,000 and toll more than 2,000India’s tally of positive coronavirus cases reached 61,168 and the death toll jumped to 2,026 on Saturday.
- Testing capacity for #COVID19 scaled up to 95,000 per day and total 15,25,631 tests have been conducted so far across 332 govt and 121 private laboratories: Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan
- Andhra Pradesh government decides to reduce number of retail liquor outlets to 2,934 by May end.
- Mizoram becomes coronavirus-free after lone COVID-19 patient discharged from hospital on Saturday.
- 41 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Karnataka today, taking total number of cases to 794 including 30 deaths & 386 discharges. Number of active cases stands at 377: Karnataka Health Department
- 224 fresh cases of COVID-19 were reported in Delhi between 4 PM yesterday & 12 midnight. Total number of cases stands at 6542 including 2020 recoveries & 68 deaths. There are 4454 active cases: Delhi Health Department
- Tamil Nadu: From May 11, essential shops can function from 6am-7pm & standalone & neigbourhood shops to open from 10 am-6 pm (in Chennai- 10.30 am-6pm). Tea shops allowed to open across the state only for takeaway from 6 am- 7 pm