Fire at Covid Treatment Center of SSG Hospital at Vadodara

Read Time:54 Second

Eyewitnesses said sparks started coming out of the wires inside the isolation ward and smoke was billowing out, causing panic among patients.

A fire broke out at the Covid-19 ward of civic-run SSG hospital in Vadodara, Gujarat, Tuesday evening. Gujarat Health Minister Nitin Patel said 35 patients were evacuated and nobody was injured. He said the fire was brought under control.

According to preliminary information, a short circuit is believed to have caused the blaze. Eyewitnesses said sparks started coming out of the wires inside the isolation ward and smoke was billowing out, causing panic among patients. Fire officials are at the spot to evacuate the occupants. Visuals showed patients being evacuated on stretchers and beds being wheeled out.

“A fire broke out in one of the ICU wards on the first floor of the 6-storey building of SSG Hospital due to a short circuit,” he said. “It was a minor fire which has been brought under control. 15 patients from the affected ward and 20 from the nearby ward have been evacuated safely,” Patel said.

About Post Author

The India Wire Team

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Previous post Rhea Chakraborty Arrested By NCB After 3 Days Of Grilling
Next post Bull Dozers on task at Kangana’s office