Net Profit up 35% to Rs 333 crores
Vadodara, October 22nd, 2020
Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited reported its consolidated financial results for the quarter ending 30th September 2020.
- Net Sales for the quarter up 17% to Rs 1457 crores from Rs. 1241 crores.
- Net Profit for the quarter up 35% to Rs 333 crores from Rs 246 crores.
- Net sales for H-1 FY21 up 28% to Rs 2798 crores against Rs 2190 crores.
- Net profit for H-1 FY21 up 72% to Rs 635 crores from Rs 370 crores.
Mr. Pranav Amin, Managing Director, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited said“It was a strong quarter for the company led by growth in the domestic business. The International as well as API Business also continued to perform well.”
- International formulations grew 21% to Rs 779 crores in the quarter and 41% to Rs 1550 crores for H-1.
- US Generics grew 8% to Rs 582 crores in the quarter and 33% to Rs 1177 Crores for H-1.
- Ex-US International Formulations grew 84% to Rs 197 crores in the quarter and 73% to Rs 373 Crores for H-1.
- 6 ANDA approvals received during the quarter; 131 Cumulative ANDA approvals.
- 7 ANDA filings during the quarter; Cumulative ANDA filings at 198.
India Formulations Business
- India formulations business grew 6% to Rs 415 crores in the quarter and was Rs 721 crores for H-1.
- API business grew 29% to Rs 263 crores in the quarter and 40% to Rs 528 crores for H-1.
- 2 DMF were filed in the quarter.
Summary of Total Revenue is as under:
(Rs in Crores)
|Particulars||Q2 FY21||Q2 FY20||% Change||H-1 FY21||H-1 FY19||% Change|
|USA Ex- US||582 197||539 107||8% 84%||1177 373||883 216||33% 73%|
Summary of Profit is as under: (Rs in Crores)
|Particulars||Q2 FY21||Q2 FY20||% Change||H1 FY21||H1 FY20||% Change|
|EBITDA Pre R&D||628||505||24%||1177||836||41%|
|EBITDA Pre R&D %||43%||41%||42%||38%|
|EBITDA Post R&D||455||342||33%||871||542||61%|
|EBITDA Post R&D %||31%||28%||31%||25%|
|Profit Before Tax||406||299||36%||775||458||69%|
|Net Profit after Tax||333||246||35%||635||370||72%|
About Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited, a vertically integrated research and development pharmaceutical company, has been at the forefront of healthcare since 1907. Headquartered in India, Alembic is a publicly listed company that manufactures and markets generic pharmaceutical products all over the world. Alembic’s state of the art research and manufacturing facilities are approved by regulatory authorities of many developed countries including the US FDA. Alembic is one of the leaders in branded generics in India. Alembic’s brands, marketed through a marketing team of over 5000 are well recognized by doctors and patients.
Information about the company can be found at www.alembicpharmaceuticals.com; (reuters:ALEM.NS) (bloomberg:ALPM) (nse:APLLTD) (bse:533573)