The Airports Authority of India (AAI) and the Union aviation ministry issued a standad operating procedure to airport operators on Wednesday for recommencement off domestic flights from May 25 onwards.
Here is a list of guidelines issue by AAI and the ministry for passengers and airport staff:
- Passengers should reach the airport two hours before the scheduled time of departure and passengers who have departed int he next four hours will only be allowed to enter the Terminal Building.
- Wearing of protective gear, such as mask, gloves is compulsory for all passengers.
- All the departing passengers must be compulsorily be registered with ‘Aarogya Setu’ App.
- The app, is however not mandatory for children below the age of 14 years.
- Passengers with red status in Aarogya Setu App wold not be permitted to travel.
- The passengers will be required to mandatory walk through screening zone for thermal screening at a designated place in the city side before entering the terminal building.
- On the day of commencement of flights, only limited operations (about 1/3rd) would be permitted. Further augmentation of flight will be done in a calibrated manner.
- Vulnerable people, such as very elderly , pregnant ladies, passengers with health issues are advised to avoid air travel.
- No physical check-in at airport counters would be done. Only those passengers with confirmed web check-in shall be allowed to enter the airport.
- Only one check-in bag will be allowed.
- Used of baggage and trolleys should be avoided.
Guidelines for Airlines and Airport Authorities:
- Airlines need to adhere to the upper and lower limit of fares prescribed by the ministry.
- The airlines will not provide meal services on board.
- The cabin crew are required to be in full protective gear.
- Airport operators must make appropriate arrangements of sanitation of passengers’ baggage prior to entry into the terminal building.
- Hand sanitises shalll be made available at various locations of airports.
Guidelines for Transport:
- The State governments and local administration shall ensure the availability of proper public transport and private taxis for providing connectivity for passengers and airport staff.
- Curb area/City-side traffic/car parking will be monitored strictly in coordination with traffic police and CISF staff to prevent congestion and to maintain social distancing.
- For staff and passengers’ commute to and from the airport, only personal vehicles or select authorized taxi / transport services with restricted seating will be permitted.