Union Home Minister Amit Shah released ‘Sonar Bangla Sankalp Patra 2021’, the Bharatiya Janata Party’s manifesto for the upcoming West Bengal Assembly election 2021 on Sunday.
“We have decided to call our manifesto a ‘Sankalp Patra’. It is not just a manifesto but a resolution letter for West Bengal by the country’s largest party,” Shah said while releasing the manifesto.
BJP manifesto for Bengal polls: Highlights
- BJP promises seventh pay commission implementation for state government employees
- BJP assures appeasement-free Bengal and an infiltration-free state
- BJP aasures to work on skill development of gold craftsmen
- Implementation of the Ayushman Bharat scheme in Bengal
- Women to be given 33% reservation in state government jobs
- No infiltrators to be allowed in Bengal and border fencing will be strengthened
- Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) will be implemented in the first Cabinet
- Refugees who have been staying here for 70 years will be given citizenship.
- Each refugee family will get Rs 10,000 per year for 5 years
- It proposes the inclusion of Mahishya, Tili and other OBC communities under reserved status
- 3 new AIIMS hospitals will be built in North Bengal, Jangalmahal and Sundarban
- Rs 20,000 crore Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar Fund for the infrastructure development of schools, and five universities at par with IITs and IIMs.
- Free education to women from KG to PG
- Continuing PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, Rs 18,000 would be transferred to 75 lakh farmers’ bank accounts without any cut
- A Rs 5,000 crore intervention fund to assure farmers” economic security, besides accidental insurance worth Rs 3 lakh for small farmers and fishermen.
- Common Eligibility Test for all state government jobs to keep a check on corruption
- Separate Task Forces to curb the problem of arms racketeering, unchecked narcotics trade, land grabbing, fake currency circulation and cattle smuggling
- BJP promises to establish a Sonar Bangla fund worth Rs 11,000 crores which will promote art, literature and other such sectors
- BJP to constitute an SIT to investigate cases of political killings and take strict action against those responsible.
- Upto Rs 25 lakhs as a rehabilitation package to each of the victims of political violence in West Bengal
- In manifesto, BJP promisess efforts are made at the international level to make Bengali one of the official languages in the United Nations
- BJP promises to transform Kolkata into an international city, it will set up a Kolkata Development Fund worth Rs 22,000 crore and also ensure that the metropolis becomes a UNESCO Heritage City.
West Bengal is witnessing a high-octane battle between the BJP and the TMC for the upcoming Assembly polls.